The University of Florida continues its upward momentum with a 40 percent increase in the number of graduate programs now ranked among the top 30 nationwide, according to the 2020 U.S. News & World Report Best Graduate Schools rankings.
For Women in Construction Week, UF News talked with Bahar Armaghani, director and lecturer of Sustainability in the Built Environment program in UF’s College of Design, Construction and Planning. Armaghani established UF’s LEED program and has served as director for more than decade.
Consumer sentiment among Floridians increased 2.8 points in February to 100.9 from a revised figure of 98.1 in January. Similarly, the University of Michigan’s nationwide index of consumer sentiment increased in February.
More News from UF
UF ranks No. 9 among large-size schools on the Peace Corps’ list of top volunteer-producing colleges and universities in 2019. There are 56 Gators currently volunteering in countries around the world.
Research that helps communities respond to complex environmental challenges by improving the way they plan, design and build the physical environment is the focus of a new institute at the University of Florida College of Design, Construction and Planning (DCP).
The University of Florida’s Disability Resource Center (DRC) has been ranked No. 6 in College Magazine’s “Top 10 Campuses for Students with Physical Disabilities.”
Clifford Will, distinguished professor of physics at the University of Florida College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, will receive the 2019 Albert Einstein Medal from the Albert Einstein Society in Bern, Switzerland this summer.
Recently released polling data from the University of Florida’s Bureau for Economic and Business Research, in partnership with the Howard T. Odum Center for Wetlands and the Bob Graham Center, suggests that a vast majority of Florida residents are concerned about algal blooms in Florida waters regardless of political, socioeconomic or racial differences.
UF in the News
- The 2018 global shark attack summary is out Forbes
- Lyft’s I.P.O. filing reveals nearly $1 billion in losses The New York Times
- Mail-in votes helped make Florida’s election a nightmare. A solution? More mail-in votes Miami Herald
- After that embarrassing recount, can Florida regain the public’s trust in elections? Miami Herald
- How some men are challenging gender inequity in the lab Nature
- Blank-check companies, a hot IPO fad, contain pitfalls for investors The Wall Street Journal
- You've heard about Dr. Cade's Gatorade, but what about Cholesterade? Tampa Bay Times
- In the Brazilian Amazon, power lines compound the environmental destruction of hydroelectric dams Inside Science
- The challenges of a child’s report card The New York Times
- As racial hoaxes go, Jussie Smollett’s case is a strange one The Atlantic
- A lawsuit by a campaign worker is the latest challenge to Trump’s nondisclosure agreements The New Yorker
- The problems of flying to Mars The Economist
- The Jussie Smollett case's far-reaching consequences: 'The worst possible thing at the worst possible time' NBC News
- FLORIDA TODAY journalists visit OCEARCH shark research vessel in search of great whites Florida Today
- Metastatic prostate cancer: symptoms, medications and more U.S. News & World Report